At Parkgate Farm we are striving to work with and protect our natural environment both at a local and worldwide level.
- we keep the landscaping as natural as possible by encouraging wild flowers to enhance the bird and bee population
- we use refillable Ecover plant based cleaning products to minimise environmental impact and single use plastics
- we use Pure Lakes handsoap and sanitiser supporting our Cumbrian economy and the environment at the same time
- we encourage our guests to use the ‘peely bins’ provided so we can make our own compost
- our local authority do not currently separate trade waste into recyclable and non-recyclable waste but they do turn all waste into bio-fuel.
Going forward we are hoping to achieve a Green Tourism award and Green Achiever accreditation.